Nutrition and Cancer
A few weeks ago I watched an incredible 9 part docuseries called, The Truth About Cancer by Ty and Charlene Bollinger (www.thetruthaboutcancer.com). It was full of incredible and hopeful information on alternative treatments that help people heal from and conquer cancer.
At the foundation of every treatment protocol was nutrition. Changing the diet was the most important piece in cancer recovery. Having a strong immune system is a key factor in not only preventing cancer but in curing cancer. Nutrition feeds the immune system, so what we eat absolutely matters.
The following are some of the key nutrition recommendations from the docuseries that I felt were important to share.
1. Eat a whole food diet. Eat foods that grow and subsist in nature that the body recognizes and knows what to do with. Nature heals and so does real food. Our body knows how to be well when given the right food.
2. Eliminate all processed, packaged, refined and manufactured food. These are disease creating “foods.”
3. Avoid Genetically Modified food. Genetically modified foods have significantly higher amounts of harmful cancer causing pesticides and herbicides (glyphosate). These are known carcinogens.
4. Eat organic as much as possible, to eliminate as much toxic exposure as you can.
5. No sugar – sugar is the #1 contributor to low immunity. That’s right my friends, get rid of that Halloween candy today!!!
6. Eliminate aspartame and MSG from your diet– these are neurotoxins – chemicals which “poison” nerve tissue.
7. Juice. Juicing is a fantastic way to get live, predigested nutrients into the cells of the body. Juicing organic greens with added ginger, turmeric and garlic can be a powerful way to boost the energy and vitality of the body. “The Juice Lady” – Cherie Calbom is a great resource. (www.juiceladycherie.com)
8. Eat the rainbow – The more colorful the diet the more phytonutrients (plant magic) you receive. Fruits and vegetables are filled with antioxidants such as resveratrol, carotenoids, ellagic acid, zeaxanthin, lutein and more, which are proven cancer fighters. Eating a full spectrum of blue, purple, orange, red, yellow and green fruits and vegetables is a sure way to strengthen your immune system.
9. Use ginger, garlic and turmeric regularly as these are immune boosters and are full of cancer fighting nutrients.
10. Living Fuel (www.livingfuel.com). This is a great way to get superfood nutrition into your body on a daily basis. These products will build your body and boost your immune system, energy and vitality from the cells up.
Whether you are currently facing cancer or have a strong desire to prevent cancer I highly recommend watching this docuseries. There were so many excellent recommendations. There are cancer treatment centers all over the world that are doing incredible things. Beyond surgery, chemotherapy and radiation there is a plethora of options and treatments that are helping people conquer cancer every day. It is so hopeful.
There are many stages of healing to consider when diagnosed with any disease. Detoxification, reducing toxic exposure, stress reduction, balancing energy, resolving emotional wounds, supplementation, making significant changes in life, and more. But at the root of it all, changing the diet must always be the first course correction as it sets the stage for everything else to work.
“Let food by thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates