Granola, organic yogurt and berries are a summer favorite. The key is to find a granola that doesn't have too much sugar or use hydrogenated oil. Try this great recipe I picked up at Community Natural Foods.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups g/f rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or nut of choice)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Optional Add ins (dried fruit of your choice, chocolate chips)
1. Heat oven to 350 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small pot over medium heat, combine coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until everything is warmed through and coconut oil has melted.
3. In a large bowl, combine oats and nuts. Add the coconut oil mixture and mix everything well
4. Spread the mixture on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and stir in hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds, then bake for another 12-15 minutes, or until granola is golden brown.
6. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before adding the optional add-ins or using or storing.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. Makes 5 cups.