In the last few months I have immersed myself in the world of essential oils. I’m using them, loving them, learning about them, sharing them, recommending them to family, friends and clients and am now a Wellness Advocate for doTerra – the leading essential company in the world.
So many people come to me for digestive complaints, sleep issues, cravings, weight gain, metabolic disease, inflammation, fatigue, focus, mood, stress and more. The power of foods is always the first place to begin to optimize our health but what I have been awakened to is that essential oils are fantastic, effective, powerful natural health solutions that can work in adjunct with our nutrition to bring incredible results to our health.
Consider these essential oil facts:
· 1 drop of essential oil on the bottom of the feetcan nourish the bloodstream in 30 seconds
· 1 drop of essential oil (such as basil, oregano, dill) is 50-70 times more potent than dried herbs
· 1 drop of peppermint essential oil = 28 cups of peppermint tea
· 1 drop of lavender oil can lower cortisol and increase antioxidants in minutes
· Essential oils penetrate into cell membranes and fight against foreign threats, can turn down inflammation and increase antioxidants
· The antioxidant value of Clove essential oil measures over 1 million ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) units. Dried clove spice measures 300,000 ORAC units and blueberries measure at 9700 ORAC units. So imagine, if you need to boost your antioxidants, using an essential oil may be the fastest and most effective way to do that.
· Using the oils aromatically stimulates the olfactory bulb which is connected to the limbic brain, which is involved in controlling memory, stress, hormones and emotions. Simply inhaling an essential oil can impact your body – physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
(Resources: The Essential Life and www.doterrauniversity.com)
Essential oils are truly gifts from the earth. To have these simple health solutions to everyday health concerns in your home is a great way to support your wellness lifestyle.
Here are just some of my favorite ways to use essential oils:
1. 1-3 drops of lemon oil to my water daily helps to purify my body, support liver detoxification, and is energizing
2. Inhaling 1 drop of wild orange oil is mood elevating and instantly lowers stress levels at any time of the day
3. 1-3 drops of grapefruit in water helps to increase metabolism, reduce sugar cravings, detoxify and support my adrenals
4. 1 drop of peppermint oil on the back of my neck is my mid-afternoon pick-me-up when feeling tired and sluggish
5. Diffusing lavender at night promotes deeper and more restful sleep
6. 1 drop of wild orange and peppermint oil in the shower every morning is a great way to wake up and feel energized
7. Adding lemon, Malaleuca or OnGuard (doTerra’s Immunity Blend) to my household cleaners has taken cleaning to a whole new level!
One of the most incredible things I have learned so far about essential oils is that “there is an oil for that!” Meaning every ailment that you can think of has an oil recommendation and guideline. When using the oils properly and respectfully and as recommended, the possibilities and applications to help support ourselves in a natural, safe and immediate way are incredible and offer so much hope.
So how do you know what essential oils are right for you? Join me at my next oil class (Saturday April 30th at 1-2:30pm (email email@example.com to register) or give me a call and I would be happy to spend some time with you and make some recommendations and tell you how you can order the finest and purest essential oils.
Yours in health,