Cacao beans are considered the “food of the Gods” and are one of nature’s most magnificent superfoods. They are loaded with minerals and according to David Wolfe, author of Superfoods, “they have the highest concentration of antioxidants than any food in the world.” Raw Cacao is high in tryptophan which enhances mood, supports cardiovascular health, enhances brain function, balances blood sugars and has an impressive nutrients profile.
Chia means “strength” and these seeds pack a powerful nutritional punch! They are incredible to boost energy, stamina and create satiation in the body. They are an amazing source of anti-inflammatory omega 3 fatty acids and 1 ounce contains 11 grams of soluble fiber making them an excellent option for healthy digestion and regular bowel movements. This high fiber food is also key to balance blood sugars making it a great Superfood for Diabetics and those with insulin resistance. Chia seeds are rich in minerals and are another excellent source of antioxidants.
Combining these 2 Superfoods with berries, makes this delicious pudding a perfect nutritious treat for any time of the day!
Cacao, Chia Seed and Berry Superfood Pudding (adapted from Made with Love)
- 2 Cups chilled coconut milk or other alternative milks (coconut milk gave it the best pudding texture, while rice and hemp milk left it a little watery)
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 5 Tbsp raw cacao powder (I grind raw organic cacao nibs)
- 5 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a small bowl, whisk all of the ingredients together
- Divide into 4 serving glasses
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours (the longer it sits the thicker it gets)
- When ready to serve, top with berries of your choice and enjoy!