The holiday season is here! It is such a beautiful time withall the Christmas lights, Chanukah candles flickering in the windows, seeing kids’ filled with joy and awe, celebrating with family and friends and looking forward to well-deserved holiday time.
So why ruin it with stress and worry about what you are going to eat, how much you are going to eat, how many calories you are going to have to burn off the next day at the gym, fretting about seeing family and stressing about going to a party or having to prepare a holiday meal?
Remember what we do from New Years Eve to Christmas/Chanukah is more important than what we do from Christmas/Chanukah to New Years Eve!
My holiday wish for you is to just relax, enjoy, and embrace the holiday experience. It only comes around once a year so, love it vs. stress it.
Here are some helpful tips to that will help your body be inthe optimum state to receive all that holiday eating.
1. Eat with presence – enjoy the taste, smell,traditional recipes, take in the experience of eating and simply be with your food.
2. Eat slowly – this will improve digestion and prevent overeating
3. Eat quality home-made food – you’ll feel so much better if do! Bypass the refined, processed, packaged food.
4. Eat rhythmically - don’t starve all day and then binge on a big dinner, pace yourself throughout the day
5. Watch you chatter - don't fill your mind with toxic thoughts such as, "this food is going to make me gain weight,""people are watching what I'm eating"," this is so bad for me," "this is so unhealthy," etc. These toxic nutritional beliefs taint your food, eating experience and most of all put your body in a stress response where digestion and calorie burning turn off.
6. Eat with pleasure, joy and gratitude – this is the best way to put your body in the optimum state to digest, assimilate nutrients and turn on metabolic power. It also guarantees a delicious meal!
7. Drink lemon or doTerra Slim & Sassy in your water. 1-3 drops of this metabolic blend will help detox, flush your system,reset your palette, and speed up your metabolism. https://media.doterra.com/us/en/pips/doterra-slim-and-sassy-essential-oil.pdf
8. If you overate, walk it out. Get out into the fresh air and go for a crisp, brisk walk. This is one of the best ways to stimulate digestion.
9. The next day, move your body and enjoy this Ayurvedic Fasting Tea. This is perfect for post-holiday dinners and indulgences when you need to reset the body and palette!
If you are preparing a holiday dinner, remember that your guests taste and feel your energy. Create an inviting environment. Cook with love vs stress, create with joy vs resentment and use special recipes that inspire you or carry on family tradition. How you are feeling and what you are thinking as you are cooking, gets infused into your food, so ensure that only the best ingredients of you get added!
The best thing you can do is to cook with pleasure, bake with joy, roast with laughter, eat with gratitude and celebrate with love.
May your body, mind and soul be deeply nourished this holiday season.
Yours in health & vitality,