As a Nutrition Consultant, so many people come to me for digestive complaints, sleep issues, cravings, weight gain, metabolic disease, inflammation, fatigue, focus, mood swings, hormone challenges, stress and more. The power of food is always the first place to begin to optimize our health but what I have been awakened to in the past 7 years, is that essential oils, are fantastic,effective, powerful natural health solutions that can work in adjunct with our nutrition to bring incredible results.
Essential oils are gifts from nature that help change the way in which we think, feel andthe way that we live. Mother Nature gave us everything we need to care for our bodies and these gifts of the earth are meant for everyone.
Essential oils have been use for centuries for health solutions, religious and ceremonial practices and in food. Essential oils are the essence, the soul of the plant and have been distilled into a useable form. We can use these oils aromatically, topically and some can be used internally. The chemical makeup of each essential oil is unique and will determine its uses and benefits.
Consider these essential oil facts:
(Resources:The Essential Life and www.doterrauniversity.com)
Essential oils are truly gifts from the earth. To have these simple health solutions to everyday health concerns in your home is a great way to support your wellness lifestyle.
Here are just some of my favorite ways to use essential oils:
1. 1-3 drops of lemon oil to my water daily helps to purify my body, support liver detoxification, and is energizing
2. Inhaling 1 drop of wild orange oil is mood elevating and instantly lowers stress levels at any time of the day
3. 1-3 drops of grapefruit in water helps to increase metabolism, reduce sugar cravings, detoxify and support my adrenals
4. 1 drop of peppermint oil on the back of my neck is my mid-afternoon pick-me-up when feeling tired and sluggish
5. Diffusing lavender at night promotes deeper and more restful sleep
6. 1 drop of wild orange and peppermint oil in the shower every morning is a great way to wake up and feel energized
7. Adding lemon, Malaleuca or OnGuard (doTerra’s Immunity Blend) to my household cleaners has taken cleaning to a whole new level!
One of the most incredible things I have learned about essential oils is that“there is an oil for that!” Meaning every ailment that you can think of has an oil recommendation and guideline. When using the oils properly, respectfully and as recommended, the possibilities and applications to help support ourselves in a natural, safe and immediate way are incredible and offer so much hope.
The key when using essential oils is to ensure they are Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade. Rigorous testing for purity, potency and safety is essential! Essential oils are not a regulated product so ensuring you know about the company you are purchasing from is important and that they are unadulterated and there are no fillers, synthetic ingredients or harmful constituents and contaminants in them.
There is so much to teach you about the power of essential oils. I invite you to listen to this lecture, so you can learn more and all the incredible ways you can add them to your lifestyle.
May your health be optimized one drop at a time!