Homemade breakfast sausage is a great way to start your day with high protein that will satisfy and satiate you throughout the morning. It also offers you a great alternative if you have sensitivity to eggs, dairy and gluten which often make up conventional breakfast options. Whether you eat these in the morning or pack them for work or day hikes, they are easy to make ahead and eat cold piled up with lettuce, microgreens and sprouts or warmed up on the stove top.
1 lb each ground chicken and turkey or pork
2 tsp sage
2 tsp poultry seasoning
2 tsp sea salt
1-2 tsp black pepper
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1. Combine ingredients, except meat in medium size bowl
2. Add meat and mix together
3. Chill for at least 1 hour or overnight
4. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Form mixture into patties (we use an ice cream scooper for perfect sized patties).
5 Line the patties with another layer of parchment paper and top it with another baking sheet to flatten them and keep your hands clean).
5. Bake at 250 until they reach 160 degrees.
Makes approximately 16. Freeze and reheat well.