Nourishing Coconut Curry
· 6 cups stir-fry veggies: broccoli, carrots, bok choy and cauliflower
· 1 can organic, full fat, coconut milk
· 1 ½ cup organic chicken or veggie broth
· 1 cup bell peppers, diced
· 1 cup red onions, diced
· ½ tsp. pink salt & black pepper to taste
· 2 ½ Tbsp yellow curry paste
· Juice of one lime
· 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 cup of kale or spinach
· 3 Tbsp. grass-fed butter, ghee or coconut oil
· 1 tsp. turmeric
· 2-3 cups sliced chicken breast or thighs
· 1 head of cauliflower to make cauliflower rice
1. Start by cooking the chicken
2. Remove the cooked meat and set aside in a bowl.
3. In a large pot, melt ghee or coconut oil over medium heat and saute the onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
4. Add the coconut milk and chicken broth with the curry paste, turmeric, lime, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Then add the fresh veggies (except the spinach or kale) to the pot, stir, and cover while cooking for 5 minutes.
6. Remove the lid and stir in the chicken or kale. Cover and cook for the last 5 minutes.
7. Serve over a bowl of cauliflower rice
To cook cauliflower Rice
1. Chop cauliflower into small florets and put in food processor for food chopper and pulse/blend until cauliflower looks like rice
2. In a large pan, melt ghee or olive oil
3. Add cauliflower and minced garlic, sea salt and pepper
4. Cook the cauliflower, stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes and then remove from heat