Resources - Recipes
Roasted Cauliflower and Hazelnut Salad
This is a unique and delicious salad from the cookbook, Jerusalem, that will dazzle your tastebuds and enhance your health.
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florets (1 1/2 pounds total)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large celery stalk, cut on an angle into 1/4-inch slices (2/3 cup total)
- 5 tablespoons hazelnuts, with skins
- ⅓ cup small flat-leaf parsley leaves, picked
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds (from about 1/2 medium pomegranate)
- Generous 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Generous 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the cauliflower with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and some black pepper. Spread out in a roasting pan and roast on the top oven rack for 25 to 35 minutes, until the cauliflower is crisp and parts of it have turned golden brown. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 325 degrees. Spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast for 17 minutes.
- Allow the nuts to cool a little, then coarsely chop them and add to the cauliflower, along with the remaining oil and the rest of the ingredients. Stir, taste and season with salt and pepper accordingly. Serve at room temperature.
Yours in health & vitality,
Connect with Amy today to start nourishing your body, mind and soul.
Book a Consult BY PHONE Phone OR EMAIL TODAY
NUTRITION & VITALITY NEWSLETTER
Stay informed on a wide range of topics and resources to support your wellness journey.
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.