Resources - Recipes
Wild rice Salad with Kale, Blueberries and Pecans
This high antioxidant salad is as delicious as it sounds and will surely awaken your inner vitality!
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice
- 1 cup pecans
- 6 large kale leaves
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 red or yellow pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Cook wild rice as per package directions
- Preheat oven to 350 and toast pecans for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool. Once cooled place in plastic bag and pound bag to coarsely chop nuts.
- Trim and discard the thick stem of the kale, then chop the leaves. Dice the peppers and green onions.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Add the cooked rice to the bowl and coat with dressing. Add the vegetables and fold all the ingredients together.
- Prior to serving add blueberries and pecans. Salad can be served warm or chilled.
Yours in health & vitality,
Connect with Amy today to start nourishing your body, mind and soul.
Book a Consult BY PHONE Phone OR EMAIL TODAY
NUTRITION & VITALITY NEWSLETTER
Stay informed on a wide range of topics and resources to support your wellness journey.
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.