Winter Squash salad by the Made with Love Cookbook
Whatever you eat, do so with pleasure, joy and love. Appreciate your food, for those who prepared it, and infuse gratitude in every bite of goodness you choose.
- 1 medium butternut squash (2 cups peeled, seeded and cubed)
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 7 Tbsp extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- 5 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp Dijon or stone ground mustard
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 cups organic arugula
- 2 cups organic mixed salad greens
- 4 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 4 Tbsp raw pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 2 Tbsp currants
- Pomegranate seeds to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with Parchment Paper
- Peel and seed the squash, cut into 1 inch cubes. Place the squash and red onion in a large bowl and add 3 Tbsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp balsamic, rosemary and thyme. Toss to coat.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes, set aside to cool for 15 minutes
- In a blender on low speed, or using a whisk, combine the remaining 4 Tbsp olive oil, and 4 Tbsp balsamic, mustard, honey and salt. Set aside 3 Tbsp of this dressing.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooled squash mixture with the remaining dressing
- Add the arugula, mixed greens and reserved dressing, and toss again to coat well
- Toast the pumpkin seeds: set a non stick skillet over medium heat, add the seeds and toast until they deepen in color and are fragrant.
- Add the cranberries, currants, pumpkin seeds and pomegranate. Toss thoroughly one more time and serve.
Yours in health & vitality,